Do you want to represent young people in Baltimore and grow as a leader?
Apply to join the BmoreSTEM Student Advisory Council and work with industry professionals to help develop opportunities in science, technology, engineering and math.
What is BmoreSTEM?
BmoreSTEM is a network of organizations and individuals committed to brightening Baltimore’s future by developing opportunities to equip students to join the science, technology, engineering, and math workforce and live as technically literate citizens.
What is the BmoreSTEM Student Advisory Council (BmoreSTEM SAC)?
The Student Advisory Council will contribute to the efforts of the BmoreSTEM Workgroup initiatives through direct participation and indirectly, by serving as a focus group & sounding board to the Workgroups. A BmoreSTEM SAC member can expect to attend periodic Council Meetings and some of the Workgroup meetings as needed. The BmoreSTEM SAC will consist of current Baltimore City Public School (City Schools) middle or high School students and City Schools graduates currently enrolled in a local college pursuing a STEM-based degree.
What are the benefits?
- Influence the development of STEM related opportunities for students across Baltimore
- Leadership experience and skill development
- Opportunities for internships and mentorships
- Service learning credits
What are Member Expectations / Responsibilities?
- Attend periodic Council sessions to set goals aligned with the BmoreSTEM’s overall objectives and share out progress – Once every quarter for 2 hours plus adhoc workgroup sessions that are once every two months at the most
- Attend workgroup sessions when called upon – act as a focus group
- Attend BmoreSTEM annual convening
- Contribute to achieving set goals
Deadline for applications: January 24, 2020
For information and inquiries, please contact Melissa Sandlin.
firstname.lastname@example.org / 410-499-6076