STEM career paths start before college with advanced math and science classes. For instance, learning calculus in high school is essential to the engineering career pathway (and many other STEM careers) according to the National Society of Black Engineers.
Need: Students should have equitable access to advanced math and science courses that prepare them for college STEM majors.
Objective: Provide students with advanced math and science dual enrollment courses.
- Number of students taking advanced math and science classes
- Number of schools with students taking advanced math and science classes
- Number of students passing advanced math and science classes
- Courses: Introduction to Statistics or Calculus (both are worth 3 college credits and high school credit)
- Students: Over 120 students were enrolled in University of Baltimore dual enrollment math courses this spring.
We count on your help!
Volunteer for a workgroup or committee now.