Need: Alleviate the shortage of certified teachers in STEM content areas.
Objective: Create a program for STEM majors from local colleges and universities to volunteer in K-12 STEM classes during their spring breaks and learn about possible teaching careers.
- Number of undergraduate STEM majors placed in schools for Alternative Spring Break (ASB)
- Change (increased or decreased) perception of teaching science in public schools
- Number of schools participating
- Number of colleges participating
- Pre/Post survey from students
Current Status: Planning to launch in 2022 (students, teachers, and schools had all been set to launch in 2020 but it was cancelled due to COVID-19)
List of Members:
- Dr. Christian Anderson – Morgan State University
- Kia Boose – Secondary Science Education Specialist
- Alisha Sparks – JHU
- Dr. Afra Hersi – Loyola University MD
- Allison Dillon – Northrop Grumman
- Dr. Juliann Dupuis – Notre Dame of MD University
- Maceo Cooper – Science Lead Douglass High School
- Dr. Willie Rockward – Morgan State University
- Dr. TaShara Bailey – University of Maryland, Baltimore
We count on your help!
Volunteer for a workgroup or committee now.