Unfortunately, we have been largely unsuccessful in attracting individuals interested in supporting the initiative to provide individual mentoring to the Middle School Robotics students. We have decided to change direction and focus on recruiting speakers for ~30-minute talks to the students/parents/guardians at the 6 City Schools Robotics events that will take place this year. The list of Events we need to find speakers for is as follows:
|Forest Park HS
|Morgan State University
|Tench Tilghman EMS
|Calvin Rodwell EMS
|Johns Hopkins University
Speakers will have ~30 minutes (at 9:00 AM) to speak to the students/parents/guardians about any of the following topics or another relevant topic.
- STEM careers and opportunities (specific STEM careers or in general)
- Workforce and Higher Education opportunities for Robotics participants
- How students should be preparing now for careers in STEM fields?
- What parents should know about STEM opportunities for their kids?
- My life journey to a STEM career and how it can help you with your journey
- Pitfalls to avoid on the way to your career in STEM
The speakers will NOT have access to a computer/projector, so they will need to be prepared to speak with just a microphone and whatever notes they wish to use.